Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Few Things...

Man!  My little one has been a little under the weather...  He's also been struggling putting on weight, so when he's sick & not eating - well, it's kinda difficult!  The last few days I've been focused more on him than anything else, so blogging has had to be on the back burner!!  But, I've had lots I've wanted to post.  So here are a few things:

First, another great (well at least i think it's great) chicken recipe. 
This is easy & quick.  So when I'm runnin out of time and haven't had a chance to think about dinner yet - this is usually what we end up with.  But it's SO tasty, nobody minds at all!


Winger's Sticky Fingers Sauce
3 TBS. Franks Hot Sauce (no substitutes!!  has to be Franks!)
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 TBS. water

Mix ingredients and heat in a small sauce pan til sugar dissolves.  Pour over baked chicken tenders (I use the Tyson breaded chicken tenders from Costco).  Turn tenders over a few times to coat well.  Also, the sauce is thin when you pour it on, but it thickens on the chicken after just a minute.  That's it!  YUMMY!

We like to dip them in ranch - just like at Wingers...  You can also use the sauce other ways - like mix it with ranch to make the Creamy Amazin' Dressing for salads or wraps.  We make sticky finger wraps all the time too!  You can also cut the coated chicken tenders up and put them on a salad, etc.  The possibilities are ENDLESS!  Try it - you'll love it!

Second, my BABY

He is 5 months old today!  Crazy how time flies.  He has struggled putting weight on, and I, of course, have struggled getting the baby weight off!  Wish I could magically transfer a few lbs. over to him!!  Wouldn't that be nice?!  But, I love this little guy to pieces.  5 things I love about him: his smile, including his cute as heck dimpleshis dark brown eyes (all my other kids have blue); his wispy Mohawklove the way he holds on to my fingers like he never wants to let go; and, I love snuggling with him after the BIG kids have gone to bed !  I can't get enough of him..

Last for today:
I came across this AWESOME website where you can purchase really cool stuff made by fabulous people here in UTIt's kinda like etsy, but with only sellers from Utah.  So you can buy from local vendors, and if you're currently living outta state but are missing crafty/fun/delicious stuff from Utah - look no further!  There are some great stores on this site.  LOVE IT!  Check it out at http://www.simplyut.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment