Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BiRthDaY WeeK!

We are in the middle of our CRaZy birthday week (thus my lack of posts!)!  My 3 year old little girl turned 4 and thinks the world revolves around her now- which it does most of the time!  Funny how much more grow-up she thinks she is now that she's 4!  She had a little princess & pirate party with a few friends from preschool...


Then it was the "family" get together to celebrate her 4th & my almost 10 year old's b-days.  Ironically they were both due on the same day, May 1st, but ended up being born a week apart.  So we usually end up celebrating with family right between their birthdays and then call it good for both of them! 

Later this week he will celebrate with a couple of friends...just hanging out - maybe a pizza, a movie, some wii playing, etc.  Not a real PaRty by any means, but that's OK!
When I saw those Angry Bird cupcakes on The Crafting Chicks (I posted about them a couple of weeks ago), I knew I wanted to make them for my 10 year old's birthday - so I did for the family get-together.  The cousins LOVED them.  They were easy to make and turned out pretty fun!
For my 4 year old's party, I knew she'd have more boys than girls - so I was on the lookout for a Princess themed party that would work.  I ended up with the Princess & Pirate party from Sweet Craft Cakes.  Check out their blog & store in Etsy.  They have the CUTEST custom party printables & ideas and are very reasonably priced.  The printables turned out awesome!  It made the party totally come together & work perfectly!
Sweet Craft Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment