Wednesday, April 6, 2011

RUN for your life!

FIVE running items I would like to purchase... 

{1}  The Saucony Fastwitch 5!  Love these shoes.  They are a racing shoe and weigh just ounces.  They're supposed to make you FAST.  They are meant for racing!  I bought them to run the marathon in and ended up running several other shorter races in them as well.  They are my favorite shoes - hands down!  I would wear them everyday for every run.  My Fastwitch 3's are well worn and totally done.  I don't know if they made me any faster, but they made my runs feel effortless - for real!  I can't wait to get my hands on a new pair!


{2 & 3}  Pearl Izumi running shorts and tank.  Aren't these cute??  And they are so functional!  I love running shorts with POCKETS - but not too many brands add good pockets to their shorts.  One little zip pocket in the back, big enough for a stick of gum, does not count!  I want several pockets...good zip ones that stuff won't fall out of and easy-to-get-in ones that I can put a tissue, etc. in!  Well, look at these awesome shorts...  Good length, good color, good pockets (4 total)!  I want a pair!!
The tank top is super cute too!  I have seen it in person at a local sporting goods store & it looks awesome.  Haven't tried it on yet, but have high hopes for it!  It looked long enough (which is my biggest complaint with most running/exercise tops) and it didn't look super form fitting.  I'll have to run down to the store and try it on.




{4}  While exercising/running you should consume 1 oz. of water every 15 mins.  I am not so great at following that rule, but if I would, I know it would make a huge difference.  I have had several small hand-held water bottles and love them for longer runs.  They really are a MUST for a longer run, especially in the summer and in these desert temps I run in!  This little bottle is 7 oz. and would be perfect for a 4-8 mile run.  It is made by Fuel Belt.  It comes in several cute colors too!



{5}  I want a good running watch.  Not a gps or garmin type watch... just a watch that will let me know how long I've been out!  This is an awesome watch and comes highly recommended by other runners.  It can time laps, splits, etc. if you want to keep track of those things & it's water resistant (for those fun runs in the rain).  It's pretty inexpensive at just under $50.  It also comes in several cute colors... but I love the PINK!

Well, now I need a little money & then I'll head on over to my favorite online running store (where all of these items are found): http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ and make a few purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment