Friday, June 17, 2011

Simply Beautiful!

I have seen several blog posts around with the "rose" frosting technique on cakes & cookies.  The cakes are simple, but so elegant!  I haven't tried to make any frosting roses yet, but I'm thinking I will soon...  Take a look at what's out there: i am baker used the frosting technique on sugar cookies for a bake sell.  I'm thinking these would be perfect for my almost eight year old's baptism refreshment...all with white frosting! 
IMG_9552.rosecookiesIMG_9675.rosecookie

Little Birdie Secrets made these cookies & a matching cake for a party...

I think they're so pretty...  The tutorials make it look so easy too!  I'm sure it will be a little harder than it looks, but still worth a try, right?!  I'll post picts of my attempts if I ever get around to trying this technique out!  i am baker has a simple tutorial & directions on what tip to use, etc...

1 comment:

  1. I love the cute stuff you're always posting about, but would like to make a request.

    When you link to another page that has a tutorial, could you please give a direct link to that specific tutorial instead of the just the main site? It would be super helpful! Not all sites have a search option or have all their tags displayed so it's hard to find things.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete