Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 Things...

1st:  Chore Charts - Here's what I came up with.  Nothing too fabulous, but so far they have been successful.  My kids are excited to see what's in their pockets each morning.  Hopefully their excitement will last through the summer... We'll see!  Also, my cousin sent me a link to an awesome 3-month SUMMER CALENDER.  You can print it on legal size paper & keep it on your fridge with your whole summer planned out.  That way kids can see what's coming up, like a summer trip, etc., or can see what the plan for the day is.  You can find the summer calender here: http://thirtyhandmadedays.com/2011/05/funner-in-the-summer-summer-calendar-from-heather-carson/


2nd: Black Bean Salsa - Yummy!  Every time I make this, I can't get enough of it.  It's really good!  It is perfect to take to a BBQ or to have as an appetizer.  It's served with tortilla chips. 

Black Bean Salsa:
2 cans corn - drained
2 cans black beans - drained & rinsed
diced avocados
diced Roma tomatoes
sliced green onions
chopped fresh cilantro
1 prepared packet of Good Seasons Italian dressing
(I usually make the "less oil" version of the dressing)
lemon pepper - to taste

Mix all ingredients.  Chill before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your new blog and all your fun ideas. - Jodi

    ReplyDelete