Monday, June 20, 2011

Delicious Week!

I tried several new recipes this past week and weekend, all of which were from Our Best Bites.  I either got the recipes from their cookbook or from their site...  All the recipes were fairly simple and soooo yummy!

Here are the ones I tried along with a couple of the recipes (all pictures are from their site):
Spicy Honey Chicken
Made this for my family for Sunday dinner.  Grilled it on the BBQ & served it with baked potatoes, fresh fruit, rolls w/jam, and steamed veggies.  It was delicious!  It's in the cookbook, not on their site...  So if you have the cookbook, you gotta try this recipe!  It won't disappoint.

Asian BBQ Chicken

This is such an easy recipe.  I got the chicken marinating in the morning and stuck it in the fridge for the day.  Then we grilled it on the BBQ that evening.  My kids LOVED this chicken.  They would eat it daily!!  It's similar to a teriyaki chicken, but BETTER.  My sister likes to use the leftover chicken to make a pizza with an Alfredo sauce instead of a tomato sauce.  Haven't tried that, but sounds good to me! 

Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches



This was sooo good & easy as well!  It's a crock pot recipe - my favorite!  The ingredients for this recipe sound kinda interesting, but  trust me, it is really YUMMY!  Try it!  We ate it as suggested on toasted rolls with provolone cheese the first night.  The next day we used the leftover shredded beef on fresh cooked flour tortillas with shredded cheddar cheese...it was amazing!  So good!!

Berry Cobbler
I made this for dessert for Father's Day.  It was a little work, and used several bowls (I hate doing dishes!).  Not hard by any means, just took a few minutes.  But soooo worth it!  It was the perfect dessert.  It tasted so good.  I made it with frozen blueberries and blackberries.  I also served it with French vanilla ice cream drizzled with a caramel/butter sauce I made.  It was heavenly.  Everyone loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment