Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bundt Cakes...

Last night was my son's Blue & Gold Banquet for his Cub Scout Pack.  Each scout was assigned to bring a cake.  When I asked him what kind of cake he'd like me to make, he said, "CHOCOLATE!"  So, I decided to make a chocolate bundt cake.  I drizzled a chocolate frosting/glaze over the top of the cake and then added polka-dots by pressing blue and yellow Sixlets into the frosting...  It was a YUMMY cake!  I wish I had a picture of it!!  Anyways, here's the delicious recipe for a yummy chocolate bundt cake:
Triple Chocolate Bliss Cake (from Kraft Food & Family)
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 c. sour cream
1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1/2 c. water

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan (I used Pam Baking Spray).  Beat all ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.  Beat on medium speed 2 min., scraping bowl occasionally.  Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick near center comes out clean.  Cool 10 min.; loosen from side of pan with knife or metal spatula and gently remove cake.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Place on serving plate. 

Frost with whatever frosting or glaze you'd like!  ENJOY...

Also, at this Pack Meeting, my 9 year old was awarded his BEAR!  Exciting times! In just a few weeks he will turn 10 and join the WEEBLOS.  Boy, how time flies...

1 comment: