Friday, September 2, 2011

Long time, No see!

Wow!  I knew it had been awhile since I last posted, but I can't BELIEVE it's been an entire month!  I have sooo much to share.  First, I thought I'd post all the cool SCHOOL LUNCH stuff I've seen around.  Don't know too many places that haven't gone back to school yet - other than some preschools, most of which start this next week after the Labor Day holiday.  So, we're all in need of good school lunch ideas, right?!  Most days when I make my 2 older kids' lunches I usually just do a 3rd lunch for my preschooler.  Then her lunch is ready when she is and she thinks she's super cool/big to have a lunch like her older brother and sister!  So, here are some fun lunch ideas:

Phineas & Ferb Lunches.  Found here by Susan Yen.





Lunchbox jokes. Found here from All for the Boys.

Quick lunchbox reference sheet from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Found here.

Lunchbox ideas also from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Here.
These fun sandwich ideas can be found here at Family Fun.  They also have ideas on how to pack the perfect school lunch & lunchbox tips as well as creative after-school snacks...

Sandwich on a Stick                                                               Flower Sandwiches
Sandwich  on a Stick
PB & J Blossom Sandwiches
I love adding a little note to my children's lunches.  Just a little reminder that I love them or a reminder to CTR at school, etc.  I just printed a stack of Joke notes to put in their lunches too.  After searching the Internet for creative ideas, it appears that "bento" box lunches are the big thing right now!  I like the idea, cause it means less waste and more fun (my kids love little organizing-type compartments!).  You can find "bento" style boxes all over the web...  
Happy eating to all those little school kiddos out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment